Getting a tattoo is a lifetime liability. But sometimes it doesn’t turn out the way you want. You may be forced to remove it a few months after drawing. Tattoos on arms and sleeves can be easily covered by clothing before you decide to remove them.
But if it on your face, you will be forced to remove it sooner. If your eyebrow tattoo is uneven, too dark, too big for the face or it was a botched procedure, you should not worry since you can remove it. This piece guides you on how to go about it.
When to Remove an Eyebrow Tattoo
If you’re unsatisfied with your microblading or eyebrow tattoo, you can easily remove it in a few simple steps, either at home or with a specialist. But what you need to understand is that you first have to let it heal completely, which takes about six weeks. Usually, the areas around your eyes and eyebrows will swell after a tattoo treatment which not be interfered with as it can cause serious problems.
However, there are things you can do at home to accelerate your new tattoo fading. These ways are safe to your skin and won’t affect your healing wound. After six weeks you can decide to correct the tat or completely erase it.
Below are ways you can remove an eyebrow tattoo.
Sea Salt Solution
Salt is known to contain sodium and chlorine which naturally fade out tattoo ink. You can use this DIY method to fade a new tat gradually. However, you should be careful about rubbing salt on your tat as it may cause scarring, which may lead to infection. Here is how you can fade a tat using salt.
- Dissolve organic sea salt in warm water, immerse a clean cotton gauze into the solution and gently pat on your eyebrows.
- Let your gauze stay in the area for a few minutes then rinse with clean water.
- Dry with a clean face towel. While at this, be gentle enough not to hurt your fresh wound and if you experience any irritation, stop it immediately.
- Do this for 10 to 12 days.
Warm showers are a slow but effective way of fading out a tat. The warm water’s heat will facilitate pore openings that draw out the ink from your unwanted tattoo. Always pat dry with a clean towel afterwards.
Pure Rosehip Oil
Rosehip oil contains linoleic acid and vitamin A which are known to reduce hyperpigmentation in scars. When applied on a tat, it will help fade the ink on the skin.
- Apply 1 to 2 drops of rosehip oil on each eyebrow thrice a day.
- Gently massage until the oil gets absorbed in the skin.
- With time, the oil will dissolve ink, and additionally, vitamin A will heal and nourish your skin thus counteracting with scarring.
Laser tattoo treatment can be used to remove tattoos on any body part. It can effectively remove permanent makeup within a few sessions. This treatment basically uses pulses of laser light to break down tattoo ink. Each session breaks down ink until it disappears.
If your eyebrows are several months old and completely healed, your tattoo artist will recommend laser sessions until the inking becomes a thing of the past.
- Before you schedule your laser eyebrow tattoo removal, take note of the following:
- Consult a professional tattoo remover to know the necessary precautions.
- Protect your skin from sunburns and stay well hydrated.
- Avoid shaving, exfoliating or waxing the area.
- Avoid taking painkillers with aspirin as it may lead to excessive bleeding.
- Expect side effects like swelling and redness.
- Follow the recommended aftercare routine to facilitate quick healing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is laser eyebrow tattoo removal painful?
When undergoing laser tattoo removal, you’re most likely to experience slight irritation and minor pain. The good thing is that an eyebrow tattoo is tiny, and each treatment session may only last a minute long. You don’t have to worry about eye damage since you will wear protection.
How many sessions will I need to remove an eyebrow tattoo?
Like mentioned before, eyebrow tattoos are small in size and may take a few sessions to remove them. It may take as less as three sessions and as much as ten, depending on its size, type of ink and the color of ink used. Removing an eyebrow tattoo is actually easier than getting one. If you wish to remove only a part of it, three sessions are enough.
Will eyebrow tattoo removal leave a scar on my face?
Well, if you’re not careful about your tattoo removal, you may end with scarring on your eyebrows. If you feel burns and blisters on your skin, destruct yourself from scratching it, which may lead to scars. Be keen with the aftercare routine to maintain smooth eyebrows.
If you’re unhappy with how your eyebrow tattoo looks like, you can fade it away using natural products or go for laser treatment. You should visit a certified tattoo remover to reduce the risk of scarring and burning. After laser treatment, avoid touching the area and not expose it to makeup, water, and creams.