To make tattoos like a god is amazing. To make tattoos like a god on a human skin is amazing in a double.
How to achieve this?
Use the best tattoo practice skin as often as possible.
Maybe you are wondering. Where to begin? Which fake skin for tattooing practice is to choose?
You will find the answers to all of your questions in my article! Right now!
Our Top Picks
On this page:
- 1. Our Top 3 Pick
- 2. Yuelong Double Sides
- 3. PFT Practice Skins
- 4. Wormhole Tattoo Skin
- 5. Beauty7 Practice Skin for Tattoo
- 6. Tong Yue 10 Pieces Practice Skins
- 7. Bekith Double Sides 12 Sheets
- 8. Yuelong 10 Pcs Blank Fake Skin
- 9. ITATOO Silicone Tattoo Practice Hand
- 10. BoChang 5 Sheets Practice Skin
- 11. ITATOO 5 Pcs Silicone Tattoo Skin
- 12. Things to Consider Before Buying
- 13. FAQs
Best Tattoo Practice Skin Reviews In 2019
1. Blank Tattoo Skin Practice – Yuelong Double Sides
What is Blank Tattoo Skin Practice by Yuelong? It is a blank of synthetic material, which is very similar to human skin.
Each blank is made in the size of 8×6 inches, you can use it for tattooing. It is quite suitable for small and medium tattoos.
By the way, you can draw twice as much, as these blanks are bilateral and thick. Tattooing will be normal practice on both sides.
I like Yuelong because it is universal for shading or highlighting tattoo outlines. And you can wrap this face around your legs or hands to evaluate the result. I think this is a unique and very useful feature.
- Blank size 8×6 inches, each of which is packed separately.
- This tattoo practice skin is a thick double-sided silicone rubber that bends and can be attached to the body part for more practical use.
- This fake skin is universal for any drawing technique – from shading to highlighting contours.
- Clean blanks that are protected from dust and dirt through a separate package. And that is actually clean and ready for work.
- Optimal size, which accommodates several small drawings or one medium.
- The texture of blanks is like the skin of a person according to my tactile sensations.
- The skin is flexible, as you can bend and draw on a chair or literally on the back of a friend. It is not so thick, therefore, quite flexible.
- Blank are universally suitable for using any technique of drawing, needle or ink and paint.
- When applying the pattern to one side, the skin begins to peel off and the paint is erased.
- Drawing a picture on one side pushes the skin so hard that it is no longer possible to draw on the reverse side.
2. PFT 20 X Sheets Of Large And Medium Sizes Fake Tattoo Practice Skins
The uniqueness of the PFT 20 X Sheets Tattoo Practice Skins is the ability to use different sizes.
Like the complex of these blank skin, practices consist of 10 large size blanks at 8×12 inches and its average size blanks at 6×8 inches. The thickness of each 2 mm and it is enough to apply a dense pattern.
The material of this fake skin is nothing new. It is a conventional synthetic silicone, which absorbs ink well enough, making the image look lighter.
The line is deep and smooth, but not dense. I accept this brand as an ideal “skin” for backup or for developing a newbie’s hand.
- PFT 20 X Sheets tattoo practice skin is made of silicone rubber that holds ink well.
- There are several sizes – large in 8×12 inches and medium to 6×8 inches, the thickness of each size is 2 mm.
- Ideal for backup due to the nature of the rubber that holds the ink deeply.
- The presence of several sizes allows you to create large and small sketches, saving on buying additional blanks.
- Pure silicone retains ink and does not allow ink to spread.
- This tattoo practice skin creates a deep smooth line.
- Suitable for beginners, since the skin easily accepts ink, any colors, and needles.
- Because the ink penetrates deep into the skin, it turns out to be lighter, which makes them unsuitable for training work on human skin.
3. Wormhole 10 Sheets Blank Fake Tattoo Practice Skin
Wormhole is a popular brand and the quality of the blank tattoo practice skin meets the popularity.
I have to say that the rectangles of the skin are thick enough, so it can be used from both sides.
The material is a pure flexible silicone. I am satisfied with the flexibility of this product since I can put blanks on my friend’s back to focus on the relief of the human body in work.
By the way, Wormhole Blank Tattoo Practice Skin is universally suitable for any technique of drawing a drawing that you want to practice.
And I would advise washing the skin with water after applying the stencil to remove excess ink and then dry it.
- Silicone skin in rectangular shape, 8×6 in. Size packed separately from others in a set of 10 pieces.
- Flexible practice tattoo skin is suitable for any technique – from selection to shading.
- Thick sheets are created specifically for you to draw on both sides.
- Clean skin is observed at the highest level by individually packing each skin sheet.
- The skin is very flexible, and it lends itself to imposing and folding, that is, any manipulation for drawing on the texture.
- The color is beautiful to lie on the skin, so that the paint looks exactly what it would look like.
- Ink is not easy to clean after drawing, so you need to act quickly before it dries.
- The skin texture is glossy and has a surface that does not resemble real skin, so the ink shines unnaturally.
4. Beauty7 10 Sheets Double-sided Medium Size Blank Tattoo Practice Skin
At first glance, it may seem that Beauty7 blank tattoo practice skin is a standard skin, so that it has a usual size.
But this is not so!
Yes, we again meet with a thick layer of synthetic silicone, which is suitable for two-way use.
This material is strong enough to use different needles and techniques of applying ink. From two sides!
There is something else.
The main advantage of one of the best fake skin for tattooing is that the ink does not stain the unwanted places of the stencil. That is, you apply a pattern, wipe the extra ink, and get the desired result.
By applying a drawing, you feel the needles and the ink, this is a very good training hand.
- These 10 sheets of blank tattoo skin have a standard size of 8×6 inches and an individual package for each sheet.
- As a material, a synthetic silicone of great thickness was used to work on both sides of the sheet.
- A sensual leaf surface to feel the needle and lead smooth lines.
- The skin does not absorb excess ink, where there is no pattern. You can just remove it and leave the desired drawing.
- This blank tattoo skin really has a sensitive surface, so I feel like I made a smooth line of ink. Therefore, the drawing is accurate.
- I received clean sheets of Beauty7 skin, as it was packed into separate sheets. Ink comes on an initially clean sheet.
- These practice skin sheets are thick, and I was able to use it from both sides, as the brand persuades.
- It has layers and a texture of human skin with defects, so you really can train before drawing on a person.
- I noticed an unpleasant smell of the skin that the sheets exuded after opening the package.
5. Tong Yue 10 Pieces Blank Tattoo Practice Skins
Do you draw a lot? Do you always lack new skin sheets for practice?
You need to pay attention to Tong Yue practice skins blank, which have an ideal thickness to use it from both sides.
It is very convenient, and you do not see what is painted on the reverse side. The needle very carefully passes through the sheet.
The texture has irregularities like the real human skin has it. So, I would advise you to use these skin sheets for those who are preparing to start tattooing on a man.
- Synthetic sheets have a size of 6 by 8 inches, which makes it possible to use stencils of any size.
- The material is highly flexible and has defects in human skin for more effective drawing practices.
- Tong Yue is created especially for those tattooists who want to experience different tattoo machines and needles.
- The surface is as much as possible human skin with all the irregularities and defects, so it is useful to train.
- The use of different needles and a triple of tattoo machines proved that it is a durable material.
- Tong Yue tattoo skin has a high flexibility, due to which the sheets take any shape and easily lie on the required surface.
- The needle moves smoothly along the skin sheet, creating a smooth line. And I felt like leading this line.
- It has a strong smell, which you cannot get rid of.
6. ITATOO 5 Pcs Soft Silicone Tattoo Practice Skin for Beginners
If you still doubt that you can use sheets on both sides, then the time has come when your doubts should unwind.
The thickness of 3 mm allows you to draw from any side on ITATTOO blank silicone tattoo practice skin.
The greater thickness proved to be the key to strength in this case. And I think that the skin is very high quality and strong. You can experience any tattoo machine here – silicone will not suffer.
By the way, if you draw too much then do not worry, clearing the blank skin will not be difficult.
- ITattoo blank practice skin has a size of 7.5×5.7 inches and a thickness of 3 mm.
- Each of the 5 sheets in the kit is made of silicone very reminiscent of human skin.
- These sheets are more durable and do not tear at all, so that you can use both sides blank for drawing.
- All skins are easily cleaned after drawing with alcohol. So, you can use it many times.
- ITATTOO is thicker than previous products. The drawings on both sides do not contact each other.
- The ink remains firmly in the thickness of the sheet and does not drain when applied, preserving the original color.
- It was easy to keep a smooth clean line, because my hand felt every point on the practice skin tattoo.
- The ink is erased too easily, you can do this even with an awkward touch because of a too smooth surface.
- Many lines in the texture make it difficult to shade and generally overlay color; I can only make contours.
7. Yuelong 10 Pcs Blank Fake Skin for Tattooing Practice
Yuelong blank tattoo skin made an impression on me. Exploring each brand, I often could not erase unnecessary ink after the end of the picture.
But this brand really surprised me. It was enough to take an alcohol napkin, that excess ink in undesirable places was erased.
The blanks are quite strong and hold the pigment, so I can darken and outline the contours; the paint does not spread.
And if you feel a willingness to draw on a man, then I hasten to make you happy. Blank tattoo skin practice very well bends and easily attach to parts of the body.
- The size of one thick sheet is standard and is equal to 8×6 inches for medium and large stencils on both sides.
- Each sheet is made of microbitional skin that has a tactile skin texture.
- There are 10 plastic sheets of leather with high flexibility in individual packages.
- Extra ink is easy to clean after drawing the picture. It is enough only alcohol wipes to erase all unnecessary.
- Blanks are universal and respond equally well to darkening, highlighting contours.
- This fake skin seemed dense to me since bilateral use does not spoil the reverse sides.
- I found a high plasticity of the skins so that I can wrap practice skin tattoo around my leg and paint like a person.
- These blanks distort the ink color, so that, for example, dark colors look lighter.
8. ITATOO Silicone Fake Dummy Hand for Tattoo Artists
The best image of a tattoo on a real hand can only be given by an unreal hand. I thought so when I first saw ITATTOO silicone tattoo practice hand.
The first thing that strikes is its natural appearance. Thin lines and irregularities resembled the texture of this hand and it’s very cool!
As my experience with tattoo practice hand showed, it is much softer and wider than practice blanks skins and one of the best fake hand for tattooing.
- ITATTOO is a hand for more effective training with the ability to learn the characteristics of the human hand.
- Silicone at the heart of this practice tattoo skin has a very high quality, so it tactilely resembles the skin of a person.
- There are only one left hand and a computer tattoo.
- Despite the hand is made of silicone, it has very similar features of the human hand.
- The texture is flat, and the drawing is held firmly on the hand so that it is almost impossible to remove it.
- Extra ink is erased without difficulty, for this purpose it is enough alcohol wipes.
- It works like a terrific demonstration of my many hours of work.
- Ink is difficult to remain on this silicone hand, so you must repeat it several times.
- The drawing remains on the hand forever. It cannot be erased.
9. BoChang 5 Sheets Tattoo Practice Skin for Beginners
BoChang can have fewer sheets and a standard size. But its steepness lies in another.
The appearance of these 5 sheets of skin is very similar to what the skin of a person looks like. It is reminiscent of thin lines, hollows – everything as a person has.
But even 5 sheets are not so small. After all, this practice skin has a large thickness and a strong material, so two-way use is quite possible. So, you get twice as many “canvases”.
I think this is an excellent option for a beginner who only makes the first drawings a tattoo machine.
- The basis is a high-quality synthetic material that has a texture like real leather. It is suitable for reusable use.
- BoChang tattoo practice skin has a standard size of 8×6 inches. The total number of sheets in the bundle is 5 pieces.
- Durable leather is suitable for any technique and can be used on both sides.
- The leather is so strong that it can be used on both sides without mixing the patterns.
- You can use this several times if you do not insert the ink deeply.
- It is easy to catch the bends of body parts when attaching a sheet to the foot or hand for effective workout.
- Texture has fine lines and skin defects, as human skin has.
- This skin takes the ink heavily, which after several attempts of application is almost not cleaned.
10. Bekith Double Sides 12 Sheets 8×6″ Tattoo Practice Skins
Working with Bekith, I had the impression that these blanks will help me train effectively.
My hand literally feels every bump on the skin, and so the line turns neat.
In addition to the phenomenal similarity with human skin, I was pleased with many sheets in the package. There are 12 of them totally. But my experience drawing from both sides showed that I now have 24 sheets.
I think this is a product for those who feel the strength to go for tattoos on a man soon.
- The total number of sheets of leather in a set of 12 pieces, the size of which is 8×6 inches.
- A durable synthetic material that will withstand any drawing technique and needle thickness.
- The material is made in such a way that the pigment is firmly retained. So, the paint on the Bekith Tattoo practice skin will look like it would actually look.
- I used shading and highlighting contours, but the skin sustained pressure and kept the shape on both sides.
- The paint is kept natural and does not spread under any technique.
- When drawing, the needle gives me all the irregularities and defects in the skin. It creates the feeling that I really paint on a person’s skin.
- I drew on both sides of the sheet, and the drawings were not visible from the back side, however much I pressed the needle when selecting the outline.
- Superfluous ink cannot be cleaned and stored in undesirable places.
Buying Guide: Best Fake Skin for Tattooing
For sure, every person met an inaccurate tattoo, devoid of any beauty or unprofessional master, whose hands are not growing from the correct place.
Such tattoo artists have obviously avoided tattoo practice skin.
And I now will tell why it is inexcusable and in general, what it is.
What is the best tattoo practice skin to use?
Once upon a time, people used pigskins to «develop a hand» and start drawing tattoos better. But the use of pigskin skins, as you understand, is inexpedient.
Yes, it reacts to drawing a tattoo almost the same way as a human skin does. But this practice is not ethical and disgusting. To me, it is exact.
But what about those tattoo artists who want to develop their skills? Use tattoo practice skin, of course.
Fake tattoo skin is a piece of silicone or synthetic leather on which a tattoo artist can practice a skill before drawing on a human skin.
It is a safe and quick way to practice drawing tattoos. The master continues to practice drawing, improve the skill, sees the reaction fake skin but does not use a real skin.
Additionally, tattoo practice skin is a more economical, profitable tattoo simulator, because the master can omit a sketch under certain conditions.
Tattoo practice skin can be of different shades and can be a real salvation for a beginner tattoo artist.
Types of Practice Tattoo Skin
Use the usual animal skins is not cool!
Evolution of simulators for tattoo artists has gone far and now for a beautiful tattoo, you do not need to kill anyone. This need divided practice skin into two different types.
The first type of tattoo fake skin is a more familiar piece of synthetic material. It can be latex or silicone, which in texture resemble human skin.
Previously, based on such pieces of leather lay rubber and plastic. But such material was useless for those who wanted to be a good tattoo artist.
Synthetic pieces of practice skin react to the interaction with the needle, drawing a pattern. The ink is also not practically inferable in this case.
This type of tattoo practice skin has different sizes and shapes. You can choose any that is most suitable for the realization of the planned drawing.
There are even such instances in several layers and with Velcro. These adaptations are necessary so that you can put a piece on the arm or leg of a person. You can try to draw on almost a person, studying all the subtleties and bends.
So, you can train a drawing or test a new tattoo machine; the material will survive all!
The price of such practice skin is unequally low. On average, the price goes up to $10, but silicone linens are always cheaper than their latex brothers and are great for beginners.
But there is another advantage of the fake tattoo skin. It does not stink! No smell at all. Be sure pigskin cannot boast of this.
The second, ecologically OK, type tattoo practice skin is the silicone parts of the human body e.g. hand, leg, face, chest etc.
To some, it may seem like a perverted idea but drawing a picture on the imitated part of the body will most accurately tell what kind of bends and transitions the human body has.
You can practice drawing on a brush or ankle – the choice of body parts is huge.
But such an option tattoo practice skin is more expensive than synthetic pieces. And if that is what you like most, then you will have to fork out!
Benefits of Using Tattoo Practice Skin
I have often come across the question “why does the tattoo practice skin have such popularity?” The reasons for this lie in the huge number of advantages that this technique has.
Many people assure me that pigskin is the best simulator for a tattoo artist. But in what century do we live? These atrocities must remain in the past.
- Now a novice tattoo artist can use an environmentally friendly best practice tattoo skin that is not the result of all stages of torture.
- Tattoo practice skin has a wonderful opportunity for training, large-scale training, before exercising a skill on the human skin.
- And what about the portfolio of a tattoo artist? You will not cut off feet and the hands of customers, right? And the pictures do not convey the color to the fullest. But a visual object such as fake skin will be the perfect subject of your previous work.
- A potential customer will be able to see how this or that figure will look on his or her foot. With the help of practice skin, your portfolio will become more realistic.
- And did you see people who are not sure until the end that they want to make a tattoo? I saw a huge number of such people. Tattoo practice skin will solve this problem.
- You can draw a sketch on fake skin and show the client the result. Then they will be able to see and say “wow, this is cool” or “oh my God, why did I go for it”.
- Composing a new drawing, a tattoo artist can close in a lot of ideas and so not come to a decision. But by putting ideas on face skin tattoo, you can get more freedom for creativity and that is how your idea looks.
- The list of advantages of using tattoo practice skin can be continued indefinitely. It makes it possible to test new ink, new equipment, test new practices and see how it works in the case.
- Any needles, any settings can be used, and the master does not have to be afraid of the result.
I am also convinced that life is given to man for continuous learning. A good master, it is the master who constantly improves his skill. Practice skin is a good opportunity to improve the design and technique.
Features to Look for During Purchase
I believe that you are a beginner. In this regard, I consider it necessary to introduce you to the nuances of the first purchase of practice skin tattoo.
Which material will you choose?
As you already know, the future tattoo master has the opportunity to buy latex or silicone fake skin. Both materials are almost the same. But rightly note that the latex skin has a more realistic appearance and reaction.
Silicone is much thicker than latex and has a harder surface. The human skin is much softer than the silicone practice skin.
However, latex has a higher price. And this, perhaps, is not so necessary for a beginner who is just beginning to develop the skill.
What size do I need?
Here you are not limited by anything. Choose tattoo fake skin of any size, which will be the most suitable for the desired sketch. Thank you, God, the market offers a large selection of different sizes.
I can only advise taking the size a little more than the sketch template. It will leave room for the transfer of the stencil.
Blank or Body’s part
The choice is complicated because the main stumbling block is the price. Practice skin blank is several times cheaper than the body’s part.
The fake skin like organ presents the master more opportunities for further training.
You can draw by studying all the features of the human body, but not using a human. It is amazing!
But you, as a novice, it does not come in handy at first. To such difficult “canvases” it is better to pass, as the tattoo skill develops.
Top 5 Tattoo Practice Skin Brands in the Market
If we will forget that it is very difficult to fix the stencil on the ITATTOO brand products, this is a very cool brand.
I really like their conceptual best fake skin for tattooing and hands. ITATTOO creates useful products for training future tattoo artists.
The brand also knows that the main focus should be directed to the texture and they make it as natural as possible. They have some best fake hand for tattooing practice.
The products of Yuelong are similar in many ways to what ITATTOO does. Most of their products have a set of several silicone thick blanks. The sheets are so thick that you can use both sides and it’s economical.
Yuelong products are very easy to process, but if Yuelong reads me, it is not very easy to bend.
Beauty7 is a brand that, in my opinion, produces high-quality products. The main part of the product also represents blanks tattoo practice skin.
Each sheet is very clean and flexible. I paint on both sides of each sheet and it does not deteriorate. If necessary, I can erase the ink. Generally, this brand literally satisfies all the needs of a tattoo artist.
If the ink issue and color preservation for you are the most important, then Tong Yue brand is specifically for you.
It’s hard to find another brand of blank practice skins that will keep the color as cool as Tong Yue does.
Ink does not merge, but densely enter the thickness of the skin without changing color. In my opinion, that is great.
Got Hobby is not such a popular brand, but it delivers fake skin with steep stencils. This brand is one of the best and is ideal for beginners who also want to try to work with tattoo stencils.
Tattoo Practice Skin Maintenance Guide
Do you think you have enough ink in the tattoos machine and “canvas” to get started? It is not so. Ahead is a difficult job and you have to be careful!
- Be easy with skin practice surface in order not to spoil the presentation of this and make potential customers delighted.
- Apply Vaseline on the skin surface so that the colors do not drain and do not spoil the sketch.
- Have spare fake skin at hand. It will allow you to quickly earn a hand.
- Always use thermal paper to transfer the pattern to a tattoo.
- Make a copy of the drawing using a thermal copier and thermal paper.
- Practice drawing a picture on the image contour so that the picture is evenbut forget about smooth straight surface on which you draw. It is better to stretch the artificial skin on the back of the chair.
- Do not forget to wipe the excess ink and clean the surface of the tattoo practice skin.
- Use shading areas to get the desired result after a working with contour. You can do this for so long until you get what you wanted.
What is tattoo practice skin made of?
Different brands use different synthetic materials to create a tattoo practice skin. Most often we deal with silicone and latex. But sometimes we can meet fake skin from silica gel.
In any case, natural material is used, without harm to humans. But the main thing is that it has a texture very similar to the texture of the human skin.
How to prep tattoo practice skin?
First, you need to be sure that the size of the selected tattoo practice skin matches the stencil. If at this stage there are problems, then either take a new piece or cut the excess part.
Many tattoo artists try to use petroleum jelly on the surface of the fake skin so that the ink is not dull and does not drain.
How to Use tattoo practice skins?
Before you start, make sure the machine is set up. That is, the necessary needles, the ink was installed in the machine. Check up some needles to be assured, what is it will provide a desirable result.
As for ink, then use the same ink as for a conventional tattoo. It is important for comparing how the paint will look on practice and real skin. By the way, be ready for a darker color on the fake tattoo skin.
Is all OK? Then continue and proceed to the tattoo. Fill in the outline and start shading.
How can I clean tattoo practice skin?
To return the used piece tattoo skin to the original form is almost impossible. It explains its low price. But some resourceful tattoo masters still find a way out of this situation and use alcohol to remove paint or even lemon juice.
How to get tattoo ink off practice skin?
As aforesaid, the best way to get tattoo ink off practice skin is to use Vaseline before starting. Plus, you can remove excess ink with the help of lemon oil, which is sold in any store.
No doubt, practice tattoo skin is a very cool simulator that will develop a tattoo skill even the most inexperienced master.
Using fake skin, you will not lose. But avoid flat surfaces when you want to apply a pattern on the skin; it is best done on curved surfaces.
Always remember the shortcomings of the skin, and avoid the smooth fake skin, which will play a disservice to you.
Did you remember everything?
Then go ahead to buying the best tattoo practice skin!